Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Soccer Mom", What? (Is this better Kim?)

This week has gotten away from me. Last post was Monday and it's already Thursday night. Hmmm. 

So, here's the low down on the highlights of our week:

Monday: I tried a new recipe for dinner - I was craving stuffed peppers, but didn't have the peppers. So, I made small meatballs (with rice in them) poured tomato soup over them and stuck them in the oven for a little bit. I didn't follow all the directions and think that is why they turned out a little dry (I took the foil off too early). Next time I will try a little more sauce and keep them covered. We'll see how that goes.

Tuesday: It was St. Patrick's day. I totally forgot about it. Really. Craig called around lunch time and asked if we could find a sitter for the kids so we could meet some friends for dinner. I didn't get it until Craig asked if I had anything green to wear - OH! That's right, it's St. Patty's day! DUH! We had a good time. We were home before midnight - LOL. I guess that's what happens as you get older.

Wednesday: Craig found an old car across the bridge. (He's gotten rid of all the one's he had, so it's time for a new one.) So he picked us up after work and we went over to see it. It turned out to have too much "cancer" so we left it and headed to Cracker Barrel for some dinner. I love that place. We were there for Valentine's Day and had left some toys we purchased on the table in the store. (I should say, CRAIG left the bag, and we didn't realize it until we got home.) We called to see if it was still there - it was, and they said they would hold it until we came back. Needless to say - it wasn't there on Wednesday - but they were very nice, gave us the benefit of doubt, and gave us the toys we purchased anyway. We also came home with the big "Checkers" game. Trying to teach a 4 year old how to play is very amusing.

Thursday: The highlight of our day was visiting Mimi and Papa while we ate our lunch. We had to make a stop at Sam's Club for diapers and formula for Baby K and after, we headed to the office for a quick visit. It was so yucky today, we just headed home afterwards.

Tomorrow is Baby K's 2 month (2 months? where did that go?) visit with the Doctor. I am curious to see how much weight she's gained. She is growing so fast. She can already hold her head up and is working on rolling over. I had a few moments tonight to catch a few ooo's and aaaah's.



Oh - and I guess I am officially a "soccer mom" - the definition from Wikipedia says: The phrase soccer mom broadly refers to a middle-class suburban woman who spends a significant amount of her time transporting her school-age children to activities (such as soccer practice and music lessons). - I know B is almost school age, and she only goes to dance right now, but I am getting ready! This is what is on the back window of my Pacifica!


I will post tomorrow - as long as I get a chance - the update on my sweet baby girl.
Stay tuned!

No comments: